Saturday, January 1, 2011

OverWhelming.

When I started thinking a online auction would be a good way to raise money for the Ferguson Family, I thought that maybe there would be 10 donations and maybe we could raise $500 to give them. 2 weeks and countless bids later the grand total is

$2600!


This would have never been possible if not for ALL the selfless businesses and individuals who donated items, and also the generous people who bid on them. I was so surprised to see many who won items had also donated items!


For some reason after hearing so many stories about this family, what has stuck with me the most, was someone who attended the funeral had commented that the family had purchased an extra wide casket so these two brothers could be buried together side by side. The mental image of this is more than any mother/sister/father/brother etc. should ever have to feel. The loss I'm sure indescribable. I hope that monetarily this money that WE raised can lighten their load and also that they can feel the love and support from every person who has helped in any way with this auction.

I love you all! Thanks does not begin to describe the gratitude for your selflessness.

3 comments:

Noni said...

Thank you Becca for spearheading such a kind compassionate service.

Linds said...

I enjoyed helping and was touched with the story thank you and glad that I could help.

Linds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.